Maintenance free negative discharge sparker especially designed for water depths up to 5,000 m.
INNOVATIVE PRESERVING ELECTRODE MODE
The Geo-Source 800 is designed for operation with the Geo-Spark 6kJ or the 2kJ Pulsed Power Supply with extension using the “Preserving Electrode Mode”. This patented concept consists of using a NEGATIVE electric discharge pulse, instead of a positive electric discharge pulse.
Note that working with a negative pulse is NOT the same thing as reversing the polarity of an antique power supply, which is generating a positive pulse.
MAINTENANCE FREE ELECTRODES 5 YEAR GUARANTEE
The Preserving Electrode Mode reduces the tip wear to practically zero. You can shoot day after day, week after week, month after month with practically NO tip maintenance.
OPTIMUM ACOUSTIC REPEATABILITY
Zero tip wear is essential for the repeatability of the acoustic pulse, which depends largely on a constant, unaltered electrode surface.
CONTROL OF THE SPARKER PARAMETERS
The electrode modules are evenly spaced in a planar array of 1.00 m x 2.00 m. This geometry not only enhances the downward projection of the acoustic energy, but also reduces the primary pulse length, since all tips are perfectly in phase electrode. Each tip has an exposed tip surface of 1.4 mm, suitable for maximum 10 J/tip. Four individually powered electrode modules of 200 tips each allow to distribute the energy over 200, 400, 600 or 800 tips.
- ⟶ Specially designed for water depths up to 5000 m.
- ⟶ Penetration up to 400 ms below seabed depending on geology.
- ⟶ Vertical resolution of 10 - 30 cm.
- ⟶ You don't need to trim tips during the survey - electrodes do NOT burn off.
- ⟶ Successfully employed on site and route surveys, geohazards assessment, mineral exploration, offshore engineering and others.
- - Site & route surveys
- - Offshore engineering
- - Mineral exploration
- - Oceanographic research
- Dimensions (cm) & Weight 210 (L) x 140 (W) x 60 (H) for 175 kg
- Number of Tips 800
- Operation Depth (m) up to 5000 m
- Dominant Frequencies 450 - 750 Hz
Better if used with
Geo-Spark 2000 XF
Geo-Spark 5kJ extension
Mega-Spark 6-16 kJ
Geo Sense Mini Streamers
Geo Sense Multi-Channel Streamers
- Recommended interface system Mini-Trace II or Multi-Trace Server