Versatile maintenance free negative discharge sparker designed for small and larger operations.
INNOVATIVE PRESERVING ELECTRODE MODE
The Geo-Source 400 is designed to operate with the 2000 X Geo-Spark Pulsed Power Supply or higher. It uses the the “Preserving Electrode Mode”, a patented concept that consists of using a NEGATIVE electric discharge pulse, instead of positive.
Note that working with a negative pulse is NOT the same thing as reversing the polarity of an antique power supply, which is generating a positive pulse.
MAINTENANCE FREE ELECTRODES 5 YEAR GUARANTEE
The Preserving Electrode Mode reduces the tip wear to practically zero. You can shoot day after day, week after week, month after month with practically NO tip maintenance.
OPTIMUM ACOUSTIC REPEATABILITY
Zero tip wear is essential for the repeatability of the acoustic pulse, which depends largely on a constant, unaltered electrode surface.
The effective source depth is 15-20 cm. A constant source depth at 1/4 of the wavelength is essential in order to optimize the constructive interference between the primary pulse and surface ghost. But this can be easily customized by the user with the use of extensions, for instance, in situations where penetration should be a priority.
SOURCE GEOMETRY AND CONFIGURATION OF THE TIPS
The electrode modules are evenly spaced in a planar array of 0.50 m x 1.00 m. This geometry not only enhances the downward projection of the acoustic energy, it also reduces the primary pulse length, since all tips are perfectly in phase. Each tip has an exposed surface of 1.4 mm, suitable for maximum 10 Joules per tip and with this configuration it gives an excellent pulse over the 400 - 2000 Joule power range.
- ⟶ Water depths from 2 to 1500 m.
- ⟶ Penetration higher than 400 ms below seabed depending on geology.
- ⟶ Vertical resolution of 10 - 30 cm.
- ⟶ You don't need to trim tips during the survey - electrodes do NOT burn off.
- ⟶ Successfully employed in wind farm surveying, coastal engineering, sand search, site and route surveys and many others.
- - Site & route surveys
- - Offshore engineering
- - Mineral exploration
- - Sand searches
- - Oceanographic research
- Dimensions (cm) & Weight 110 (L) x 120 (W) x 60 (H) for 80 kg
- Number of Tips 400
- Operation Depth (m) 2 - 1500
- Dominant Frequencies 1000 - 1500 Hz (at 800 J)
Better if used with
Geo-Spark 2000 XF
Geo-Sense 8E Single-Channel Streamer
Geo-Sense Multi-Channel Streamer
- Recommended interface system Mini-Trace II or Multi-Trace Server