Geo-Source 200 Light Weight
Maintenance free negative discharge sparker specially designed for small vessel operations.
The Geo-Source 200 light weight is designed for operation with the Geo-Spark 1000 Pulsed Power Supply using the “Preserving Electrode Mode”. This patented concept consists of using a NEGATIVE electric discharge pulse, instead of a positive electric discharge pulse.
Note that working with a negative pulse is NOT the same thing as reversing the polarity of an antique power supply, which is generating a positive pulse.
MAINTENANCE FREE ELECTRODES 5 YEAR GUARANTEE
The Preserving Electrode Mode reduces the tip wear to practically zero. You can shoot day after day, week after week, month after month with practically NO tip maintenance.
OPTIMUM ACOUSTIC REPEATABILITY
Zero tip wear is essential for the repeatability of the acoustic pulse, which depends largely on a constant, unaltered electrode surface.
CONTROL OF ALL SPARKER PARAMETERS
The effective source depth is 15-20 cm. A constant source depth at 1/4 of the wavelength is essential in order to optimize the constructive interference between the primary pulse and surface ghost. But this can be easily customized by the user with the use of extensions, for instance, in situations where penetration should be a priority.
SOURCE GEOMETRY AND CONFIGURATION OF THE TIPS
The electrode modules are evenly spaced in a planar array of 0.50 m x 1.00 m. This geometry not only enhances the downward projection of the acoustic energy, it also reduces the primary pulse length, since all tips are perfectly in phase. Each tip has an exposed surface of 1.4 mm, suitable for maximum 10 Joules per tip and with this configuration an excellent pulse over the 100 - 1000 Joule power range is given.
- ⟶ Specially designed for small vessel surveys.
- ⟶ Can be handled by one person.
- ⟶ Water depths from 2 to 500 m.
- ⟶ Penetration to 200 - 300 ms below seabed depending on geology.
- ⟶ Vertical resolution up to 10 - 30 cm.
- ⟶ Overall performance depending on acoustic characteristics of vessel, geology and acquisition conditions.
- - Small vessel surveys
- - Site & route surveys
- - Offshore engineering
- - Mineral exploration
- - Sand searches
- Dimensions (cm) & Weight 110 (L) x 100 (W) x 60 (H) for 45 kg
- Number of Tips 200
- Operation Depth (m) 2 - 500
- Dominant Frequencies 1250 - 1750 Hz (at 400 J)
Better if used with
Geo-Sense 8E single-channel Streamer
Geo-Sense 24 multi-channel Streamer
- Recommended interface system Mini-Trace II or Multi-Trace Server