Geo-Sense Filter/Gain Interface
Interfaces Geo-Sense UHR single channel mini-streamers to any Third Party recording system.//Provides high quality analogue frequency filters and a two-stage analogue gain.
The Geo-Sense filter/gain interface is designed to operate with the Geo-Sense mini-streamers and allows the Geo-Sense mini-streamers to be used with
ANY digital recording system.
The interface is also designed to accept signal input, via BNC cable, from any other type of streamer.
It is a stand-alone unit that applies high quality, non-distorting analogue filters and two-stage gains to a single-channel seismic signal.
If you are working with a seismic recording system that has no suitable analogue front-end, then the Geo-Sense filter/gain interface would be an essential part of your system.
THERE ARE FOUR SETTINGS FOR THE ANALOGUE FREQUENCY FILTERING:
1) bandpass filter of 80 Hz - 2.5 kHz - This is usually the best setting for the sparker spectrum. Other filter settings can be provided.
2) high-pass (low-cut) filter of 80 Hz - To remove low frequency noise, it is usually sufficient to filter only the low frequencies, which are difficult to remove digitally.
3) low-pass (high-cut) filter of 2.5 kHz - To cut out the high frequencies.
4) no filter
To minimize distortion and to avoid saturation, the seismic signal is amplified in two stages:
0-6-12-18 dB (four levels), the 1st stage gain is applied after the high-pass filter;
0-6-12-18 dB (four levels), the 2nd stage gain is applied after the low-pass filter.
By using the maximum gain setting for both stages, you can achieve a total amplification of 36 dB.
DEDICATED GEO-SENSE STREAMER CONNECTION
The 4-pin connection is used for both the signal input from the streamer and the 12 V DC power supply to the streamer’s internal pre-amplifier. This power supply replaces the standard battery box (which is normally also provided with the mini-streamer). The four pins are assigned as follows:
Pin 1 +12 V DC power to pre-amplifier;
Pin 2 Ground shield (earth);
Pin 3 Positive (+) signal from pre-amplifier;
Pin 4 Ground signal from pre-amplifier.
BNC INPUT AND OUTPUT
The two BNC connections at the rear of the unit are for the single-ended input from the streamer, and the signal output to any digital recorder (with four settings for signal level voltage peak to peak of 0.3,1, 3 and 10 V).
- ⟶ Dedicated 4-pin connection to power the pre-amplifier of the Geo-Sense streamer and to receive the signal.
- ⟶ Standard BNC connections for signal output to any seismic recorder and signal input from any Third Party streamer.
- ⟶ Audio output to headphone on front panel.
- ⟶ Mains power 110-230 V AC / 50-60 Hz.
- Interfaces Geo-Sense UHR single channel mini-streamers to any Third Party recording system and provides high quality analogue frequency filters and a two-stage analogue gain
- Mains power 110-230 V AC / 50-60 Hz
Dedicated 4-pin connection.